Aller au contenu

Royalmount

denpanosekai

Messages recommendés

1 hour ago, jesseps said:

Pollution, loss revenue for the city of Montreal, potential for loss of jobs at Rockland and the list continues. 

We will see how the new mayor handles this.

If Rockland became a relic of the past, they could turn the whole thing into a multi level indoor green house. More local produce.

LOL

Firstly, the city of Montreal doesn't need more revenue...it needs to better manage the money it already has and collects. More money to our local government is rarely a good thing - better management of it always is.

Secondly, the potential loss of jobs at Rockland would be more than offset by the creation of new jobs at Royalmount. Seriously, who stops a new development because of the "potential" loss of jobs somewhere else?

In addition, if Rockland were to become a relic of the past, who said that's a bad thing? Jobs will be created in new locations. Stores will open up in new locations. Seriously, who came up with this notion that everything needs to stay the same?

If Rockland became a relic of the past, they can tear it down and build housing on top of it. There's already a shortage of housing in the center of the Island of Montreal. An increase in supply can moderate housing/living costs, to the benefit of literally anyone looking for decent housing.

Thirdly, pollution...well...if you're inferring that development should be stopped because of "pollution" (and what do you mean by that exactly? Do you mean the creation of more pollution? Do you mean the spreading of pollution from one area to another?)...then I guess we can all go back to living in trees and caves.

This thread and the comments I am reading on it are very amusing. Keep it going guys!

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Il y a 16 heures, chris a dit :

I sincerely do not understand the opposition to this project.

En 2017, nous nous devons de respecter un minimum les grands principes du développement durable,
qui sont l'environnement, les aspects sociaux et l'économie.

Ce projet est un désastre environnemental,
un échec social,
et un fardeaux économique lourd pour toute la ville et ses habitants.

C'est simplement un projet d'une autre époque, que j'aurais été le premier à applaudir en l'an 2000 et avant.
Mais nous avons changé de siècle.

La plupart des gens pour ce projet le voit comme un bel investissement privé pour Montréal, dont le promoteur va assumer les risques.
C'est plutôt un très très beau coup d'argent pour un promoteur, qui va faire subir à tout Montréal les graves problèmes de ce projet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, chris said:

LOL

Firstly, the city of Montreal doesn't need more revenue...it needs to better manage the money it already has and collects. More money to our local government is rarely a good thing - better management of it always is.

Secondly, the potential loss of jobs at Rockland would be more than offset by the creation of new jobs at Royalmount. Seriously, who stops a new development because of the "potential" loss of jobs somewhere else?

In addition, if Rockland were to become a relic of the past, who said that's a bad thing? Jobs will be created in new locations. Stores will open up in new locations. Seriously, who came up with this notion that everything needs to stay the same?

If Rockland became a relic of the past, they can tear it down and build housing on top of it. There's already a shortage of housing in the center of the Island of Montreal. An increase in supply can moderate housing/living costs, to the benefit of literally anyone looking for decent housing.

Thirdly, pollution...well...if you're inferring that development should be stopped because of "pollution" (and what do you mean by that exactly? Do you mean the creation of more pollution? Do you mean the spreading of pollution from one area to another?)...then I guess we can all go back to living in trees and caves.

This thread and the comments I am reading on it are very amusing. Keep it going guys!

If you saw my previous post, I would like to see this get built.

il y a 34 minutes, jesseps a dit :

If you saw my previous post, I would like to see this get built.

My comments weren't specifically directed to you.

Modifié par vincethewipet
J'ai retiré une réaction inutile contre l'opinion d'un autre membre. Une opinion, ça se partage avec des arguments. Gardons le débat poli et intéressant.

il y a 2 minutes, ToxiK a dit :

Ne trouves-tu pas que tu manques un peu de mesure?

Un désastre environnemental?  Tchernobyl est un désastre environnemental, pas le Royalmount.

Un échec social?  Notre incapacité à bien intégrer les nouveaux immigrants rapidement dans le monde du travail (pour un emploi selon leurs qualifications), ça c'est un échec social.

Un fardeau économique pour tous les habitants?  Une trop grande taxation par rapport aux services reçus (manque d'efficacité de gestion) me semble être un bien plus grand fardeau économique.  

Bravo pour cette leçon étude en hyperbole. 

Quelqu'un à qui tu parles : "J'ai vraiment faim!"
TokiK : "T'as "vraiment faim"? Ah ouais? T'es tu déjà perdu dans le sahara pendant une semaine!? Ça c'est avoir vraiment faim!"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, fmfranck said:

Quelqu'un à qui tu parles : "J'ai vraiment faim!"
TokiK : "T'as "vraiment faim"? Ah ouais? T'es tu déjà perdu dans le sahara pendant une semaine!? Ça c'est avoir vraiment faim!"

I would agree - you're not really hungry unless you've been lost in the Sahara without food or water for a week.