Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

Montreal is just a terrible place to live apparently.

Une bonne raison pour déménager à Damas (140e rang) ou Dhaka (139e).

Qu'est-ce que t'en penses? Les lois linguistiques locales te gâcheront surement moins la vie là bas!

The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) a sorti sa liste des meilleures villes : http://pages.eiu.com/rs/eiu2/images/EIU_BestCities.pdf

Vancouver, Toronto et Calgary dans le top 10 : http://globalnews.ca/news/1515250/vancouver-toronto-calgary-sit-atop-global-liveability-rankings/

top-10.jpg?w=900&h=382

Montréal c'est la Brisbane du Canada, pas assez bonne pour le top 10 selon The Economist!

Sérieux, je suis sûr qu'ils se sont forcé pour ajouter d'autres villes qui ne sont pas Canadiennes ou Australiennes...ils sont pas mal biaisés.

Cette liste est publiée à chaque année et oui Montréal est incluse. Généralement elle est entre la 10 et 20e position.

En tout cas, c'est le genre de liste pour Mark_ac!

The Economist Intelligence Unit has been criticised by the New York Times for being overly anglocentric, stating that "The Economist clearly equates livability with speaking English."

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/27/opinion/27iht-edgreenway.html?ref=global-home&_r=0

Modifié par vanatox

So Toronto with 5 major banks, and Montreal with 2 small banks are neck and neck? The financial community in Toronto is at least 5x larger than Montreal.

This is the thing chrisdvd, you need to get out more and see the difference.

Wait wait wait.

Montreal has 3 banks, namely the 2nd strongest bank in the whole world !

That's something to be proud of :)

I'm joking. Obviously this is ridiculous. How can Montreal be ignored? This happens a lot though - many rankings just ignore us completely

Montréal is not ignored, the city is not in the top 10. They also include Ottawa in their ranking usually if I remember correctly.

Un article publié à propos de cette liste en 2011. C'est la même affaire a chaque année, avec des petites variantes.

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/national/201102/23/01-4373078-vancouver-bon-premier-montreal-seizieme-selon-the-economist.php

Don't get me started with The Economist and its affiliates... some kind of a sect recruiting Oxbridge egomaniacs to recycle the same stale clichés. In the livability study, consider the Stability factor between Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto... Same for the highly complex criteria that is Education, where I suppose English as a medium would be a token of quality. I lived in Adelaide, not Toronto, and I seriously doubt the former fares better in terms of infrastructure than TO. Also, Helsinki and Vienna are included just to make the list look good... otherwise Zurich and Oslo would have been drawn from the ballot. I suggest they redefine the title of the survey as : The best cities to live for english-speaking executives

• Haha 1

I suggest they redefine the title of the survey as : The best cities to live for english-speaking executives

Actually this is the aim of this study... when you consider its readership.

Actually this is the aim of this study... when you consider its readership.

Une excellente raison de questionner ce genre d'études qui sous-entend toujours quelque chose d'autre. Dans une apparence d'objectivité on passe des messages pas toujours subtils, mais suffisamment clairs pour comprendre qu'on a à faire à une sorte de propagande. :thumbsdown: