Aller au contenu

Tour des Canadiens 3 - 53 étages (2020)

IluvMTL

Messages recommendés

It said in the news wire that it was "joint" effort. To what extent, no clue.

"Designed once again by the renowned Canadian architectural group of Page + Steele / IBI Group Architects, jointly with Béïque Legault Thuot Architectes (BLTA), the building's architecture will be integrated with the surrounding area."

• Réponses 1,6k
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

So typically you would have a design firm, in this case Page + Steele / IBI Group, and if that firm isn't local, they partner up with a local practice to take care of the tasks that can't be accomplished from a distance.

il y a 33 minutes, Rocco a dit :

C'est ça qui arrive quand t'a pas besoin de faire de marketing et que tout se vend en 2 semaines. They dont give a fuck! Who would?

Je partage ton avis sur celle-là, même si j'aurais choisi un langage moins tranché. Tout est une question de business avant tout. Dans les faits, souvent on présente un beau projet pour séduire, puis on coupe et coupe en éliminant le superflu. Ça donne généralement un résultat décevant. Comme les gens achètent une surface de plancher avant tout, le promoteur ne se sent pas obligé de respecter la facture initiale du projet.

Voilà pourquoi je ne me fie que rarement aux esquisses, parce qu'elles sont si souvent trompeuses. On pourra se consoler, Montréal aura un petit look torontois qui devrait plaire à certains sur Mtlurb. 

il y a 30 minutes, MartinMtl a dit :

C'est 49 étages hors sol. 

N'oublies pas les numéros d'étages malchanceux supprimés, 55 étages mais 49 planchers. Là aussi il y a prétention mais c'est un fait alternatif, car on ne livre pas vraiment la marchandise >:(

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SKYMTL said:

The design of this whole thing looks VERY familiar now, yes?  

I give you.....Maple Leaf Square.  

IMG_0567.jpg

Maple Leaf Square is a multi-use complex located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is located to the west of the Air Canada Centre in Downtown Toronto. The $500 million development was jointly developed by Cadillac Fairview.

So now we will have TDC 2 and TDC 3 next to the Bell Centre in Montreal by the same developer.

Modifié par newyorkontario

4 minutes ago, newyorkontario said:

Maple Leaf Square is a multi-use complex located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is located to the west of the Air Canada Centre in Downtown Toronto. The $500 million development was jointly developed by Cadillac Fairview.

So now we will have TDC 2 and TDC 3 next to the Bell Centre in Montreal by the same developer.

Yup.  That's my point.  

2 minutes ago, Mondo_Grosso said:

They are still twins, just not identical ones 

Thank you. As crazy as this sounds, I prefer two non-identical decent looking towers, than two nice looking twin towers. I just find the twin concept to be extremely overused, boring and uncreative. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, _mtler_ said:

Thank you. As crazy as this sounds, I prefer two non-identical decent looking towers, than two nice looking twin towers. I just find the twin concept to be extremely overused, boring and uncreative. 

I agree, there's already Rocabella, YUL and Drummond. No more twins in this area! 

• Like 1