Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

http://www.lapresse.ca/videos/actualites/201308/23/46-1-un-futur-marche-dans-un-ancien-entrepot-du-cn.php

Pointe-St-Charles est un secteur de Montréal qualifié de « désert alimentaire », par la Direction de la Santé Publique. Certains citoyens doivent parcourir un demi-kilomètre avant d’avoir accès à une épicerie. Un ancien bâtiment désaffecté du CN a été acquis par un collectif communautaire et les acteurs du milieu rêvent d’y voir se développer un important pôle alimentaire.

Pointe-St-Charles est un secteur de Montréal qualifié de « désert alimentaire », par la Direction de la Santé Publique. Certains citoyens doivent parcourir un demi-kilomètre avant d’avoir accès à une épicerie.

Un demi-kilomètre, c'est longue ça?

Belle initiative, en tout cas.

Modifié par gars du new jersey

I know someone who lives in that part of PSC (south of the tracks). He's a tattoo artist so local thugs don't really fuck with him, but I wouldn't move in with some kids.

Across from his rather nice and pricy condo, the whole building is owned by drug dealers. I know it's up and coming and all that, but I'd still avoid the area for some time.

That said, this is an unbelievable awesome action by these people and I hope it does work out.

Je ne comprends pas. C'est probablement les terrains les plus contaminés en ville, plus d'un promoteur s'est cassé les dents dessus. Et là ils veulent faire pousser de la salade pour nourrir les habitants du quartier?

http://www.ocpm.qc.ca/sites/default/files/pdf/P40/3ea.pdf

http://www.mddefp.gouv.qc.ca/sol/terrains/terrains-contamines/resultats.asp :

GEC Alstom AMF Transport inc.

1830, rue Le Ber Montréal

Ville de Montréal

Acénaphtène, Anthracène, Arsenic (As), Baryum (Ba), Benzo(a)anthracène, Benzo(a)pyrène, Benzo(b+j+k)fluoranthène, Benzo©phénanthrène, Benzo(g,h,i)pérylène, Biphényles polychlorés (BPC), Cadmium (Cd), Chlorobenzène (mono), Chrome total (Cr), Chrysène, Crésol (ortho, méta, para), Cuivre (Cu), Dibenzo(a,h)anthracène, Dibenzo(a,h)pyrène, Dibenzo(a,i)pyrène, Dibenzo(a,l)pyrène, Dichloro-1,4 benzène, Étain (Sn), Fluoranthène, Fluorène, Hydrocarbures aromatiques polycycliques*, Hydrocarbures pétroliers C10 à C50, Indéno(1,2,3-cd)pyrène, Manganèse (Mn), Méthyl naphtalènes (chacun), Molybdène (Mo), Naphtalène, Nickel (Ni), Pentachlorophénol (PCP), Phénanthrène, Phénol, Plomb (Pb), Pyrène, Tétrachloro-2,3,5,6 phénol, Zinc (Zn)

R : Non terminée

I know someone who lives in that part of PSC (south of the tracks). He's a tattoo artist so local thugs don't really fuck with him, but I wouldn't move in with some kids.

Across from his rather nice and pricy condo, the whole building is owned by drug dealers. I know it's up and coming and all that, but I'd still avoid the area for some time.

That said, this is an unbelievable awesome action by these people and I hope it does work out.

I live there now. The impression I get so far is that it is by and large safer than the following neighborhoods (which I've also spent lots of time in): ville-marie, Hochelaga-maisonneuve, Verdun, Lachine, Lasalle, NDG, Montréal-Nord, Saint-Léonard, RDP.

Don't get me wrong; it's uglier, more miserable and less commercially evolved than most of the above-mentioned neighborhoods. It just isn't dangerous. This has been my sentiment so far.

I mean, the fact thugs are not fucking with your friend cause he's a tatoo artist speaks volumes about just how harmless they are.

The difference between point-saint-charles and other gentrifying neighborhoods is that the point is tiny. Less than 10,000 people live there, and that's something like 30% more than 10 years ago. The entire Sud-ouest has 70,000 inhabitants. Hochelaga on the other hand has 100,000 +

I say toss in 1,000 more yuppies (see Nordelec project) and most of the heavy lifting will be done - by the time the CN project materializes the neighborhood will already be quite different.

As far as this particular project goes... FINGERS CROSSED, cause I live right in front of those lands !