Aller au contenu

Penny Lane (404 rue Saint-Jacques Ouest)(Hôtel Ottawa) - 7 étages (2018)

monctezuma

Messages recommendés

Information reçu aujourd'hui que L'édifice historique édifice Ottawa qui porte le nom aussi de hôtel Ottawa sera convertie en immeuble en copropriété . Les travaux commencerai au mois de Mai 2014 et seront terminée au mois Mai 2015 , L'agrandissent sera en hauteur , détails a venir sur le nom qu'il portera ainsi que l'hauteur.

J'ai hâte d'aller luncher ici.

Le MARCHÉ PENNY LANE inclura : boulangerie, charcuterie, fromagerie, fruiterie, épicerie générale (jus lait œufs etc), plats cuisinés de plusieurs sources et fournisseurs, soupes, pâtes & sauces, viandes et poissons sous vide, pâtisseries, desserts et gelateria, cafés et thés, bières et vins. À consommer sur place aussi, comptoirs cafés et soupes, pizzas et sandwichs, pâtes et mets légers, bières courtes et vins. Le tout sur un mode net, rapide et simple, avec une seule facture pour toute variété d’achat.

• 4 semaines plus tard...

Tiny bit of info about the highend ground floor (+ basement) restaurant, Monarque. This is from October 2013 but wasn't posted here.

Do you have plans to open any new restaurants in the future?

JB: Yes, that's one of the reasons for my return to Montreal. We signed for a space on Notre-Dame and McGill, in the Penny Lane development by Projet Europa. The restaurant will have 4,000 square feet, with 2,500 square feet in the basement - similar to Leméac but without a terrasse. The cuisine will be bistro-like but without some of the old classics.

RB: Cuisine du chef, cuisine du saison.

JB: Right. A cuisine that reflects my experiences and travels in B.C., California, Asia and Australia as well. A little Japanese in spirit, in terms of ingredients and techniques. It won't be Asian food in the strictest sense but some of that influence will be there.

Do you have a date?

JB: Spring 2015. There's still a lot of work. The entire building is being re-done.

RB: We bought the space though. Jérémie did his kitchen plans and an architect is on the job. We have a name too.

Can you share it?

JB: Of course. It's Monarque. Like the butterfly. The Monarch butterfly migrates and returns home, sort of like my culinary journey. I think it's an appropriate metaphor. And I used to chase butterflies sometimes on trips with [my dad] when I was kid.

• 1 mois plus tard...
  • 8 mois plus tard...

Ground floor restaurant opening postponed to "Late Summer 2015". Project is "beset by typical construction delays".

http://montreal.eater.com/2015/1/7/7503509/the-most-anticipated-new-montreal-restaurants-2015

• Major Players: Richard and Jérémie Bastien
  • Projected Opening: Late summer
  • The Story: Bastien père et fils (Leméac) will open a "Gramercy Tavern-style" restaurant in the Penny Lane mixed development. Slated for April, the project has been beset by typical construction delays. One result of the holdup, however, was a complete rethink of the space. Monarque will be almost twice as large as originally planned, with a bar area that seats 65 to 70 and a main dining room with room for 100. Two separate kitchens will serve the entire restaurant.
  • · More on Monarque [EMTL]