Aller au contenu

Le George - 45 étages

Boosterfire

Messages recommendés

il y a 6 minutes, Ashok a dit :

I was responding to another post saying people come to Montreal to its culture and art scene. It has an expected amount of art and culture for its size. Even in terms of architecture, it doesn't really have anything out of the ordinary. Though, the metro system is pretty amazing and unique! But, I find 'old Montreal' and the art scene to be overhyped. You see the same thing in many other cities in North American cities. 

Maybe the 60s and 70s were a bit different - Montreal had some world-renowned abstract painters from them. 

I guess I am annoyed by the over-regulation. Sure, it is great to keep the historic aspect of the city but do we really need to impose a city-wide ban on buildings over 200m?

Entièrement d'accord , il suffit d'aller voir ce qui se passe à Boston, New York, Chicago, San Francisco et même Seattle pour réaliser à quel point  Montréal est loin d'être unique dans le domaine des arts.

• Like 2

• Réponses 3k
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

il y a 20 minutes, Ashok a dit :

I was responding to another post saying people come to Montreal to its culture and art scene. It has an expected amount of art and culture for its size. Even in terms of architecture, it doesn't really have anything out of the ordinary. Though, the metro system is pretty amazing and unique! But, I find 'old Montreal' and the art scene to be overhyped. You see the same thing in many other cities in North American cities. 

Maybe the 60s and 70s were a bit different - Montreal had some world-renowned abstract painters from them. 

I guess I am annoyed by the over-regulation. Sure, it is great to keep the historic aspect of the city but do we really need to impose a city-wide ban on buildings over 200m?

Name me ONE North American city (apart from Québec city) with a neighbourhood similar to old Montréal?

Modifié par fmfranck
  • Thanks 2

il y a 2 minutes, Ashok a dit :

*looks out the window*

Am looking down 26th towards Broadway from my office and it is lined up with historic mid-rises. The financial district is also filled with great historic buildings. Broadway and 7th avenue from 23rd to about 34th are filled with great historic buildings. The area around Grand Central Terminal is not just rows of the historic building but also historic skyscrapers! 

It might be 1800s historic but not 1600s and 1700s historic like we have here and in Quebec City.

There's a reason why Americans like to visit here. They find it mostly more culturally interesting than the place they're from. It's a matter of perspective, just like Canadians could find american cities bigger therefore more interesting.

il y a 18 minutes, Ashok a dit :

*looks out the window*

Am looking down 26th towards Broadway from my office and it is lined up with historic mid-rises. The financial district is also filled with great historic buildings. Broadway and 7th avenue from 23rd to about 34th are filled with great historic buildings. The area around Grand Central Terminal is not just rows of the historic building but also historic skyscrapers! 

Thats it, keep it vague. Its easier than to admit that your initial comment was wrong. 

Si on exclus New York, les villes Nord américaine sont beaucoup plus tourner vers l'auto que Montréal l'est. Montréal par son réseaux de métro sur développer versus les villes de tailles comparable est un hybride entre la mentalité nord américaine et la mentalité européenne.