Aller au contenu

Projets de Toronto - Nouveautés et progressions

Messages recommendés

215 Lake Shore Boulevard East - from their website

The residential redevelopment of the 3.8 acre 215 Lake Shore seeks to make a strong sculptural connection to the historical context of the site while developing a plan that suits the modern needs of the urban Toronto market. Two main towers, of 39- and 49-storeys, sit on the eastern portion of the site and are designed to work in tandem, reading as one sculptural element. Drawing inspiration from the two sails of a sailboat, the towers work together like the main and head sails with massing that appears to catch the wind with curved exteriors that form gentle arcs. The western portion of the site is comprised of a mix of townhomes and low and mid-rise buildings. The development is designed to tie into the existing pedestrian realm with an arching pedestrian path connecting the site to the pedestrian pathways of the Daniels Waterfront – City of the Arts to the west, through to the large existing park, Sherbourne Common, to the east.

1626_n3_medium-jpg.111080

On 6/1/2017 at 9:46 AM, Jasonzed said:

Toronto's Regent Park: next phase

Regent-Park-Site-Plan-October-Update-V2.

WOW! That looks like a great project.

I found an interesting article from The Guardian (UK) talking about it: https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2016/dec/08/inside-regent-park-torontos-test-case-for-public-private-gentrification

il y a 40 minutes, jesseps a dit :

WOW! That looks like a great project.

I found an interesting article from The Guardian (UK) talking about it: https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2016/dec/08/inside-regent-park-torontos-test-case-for-public-private-gentrification

Thanks for the reference: I read the article and found it very insightful.  I would of of course advise against jumping too quickly to conclusions as to applicability to the Montreal case/market.  Nevertheless, I believe I can infer that there ought to be something in it for both the developper and the current tenants/occupants of similar public housing complexes, in other words, both must be able to foresee gains.

Invité
Ce sujet ne peut plus recevoir de nouvelles réponses.

• Créer...