Aller au contenu

Les Bassins, Quai 2 - 8 étages (2018)

monctezuma

Messages recommendés

Thanks a lot everyone! For all of the great insight. :)

I recently encountered one set back with my recent condo purchase from Basin Du Havre. Originally when purchasing my unit, I was told that I'm able to access the balcony from both living room and bedroom. However, they recently updated the floor plan and now there saying there's no direct access to the balcony from the bedroom. It has to be a window with a horizontal split in order to be in line with the rest of the buildings design. Please refer to attached image. Sadly, I found out about this on my own while I was browsing there website and noticed the pdf floor plan got updated, nobody mentioned this to me. The direct access was a good selling feature, but now there saying it has to be a window. Any thoughts, tips or opinions on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

floorplanbalcony.jpg

• 3 semaines plus tard...

Hi everyone, I notice some of the units in phase 1 have the mechanical room fused with the walk in closet. For those who have this type of unit, do you fine it noisy? I bought a unit and i'm in the process of deciding if i want to modify my place. I really want a separate shower so i was thinking of fusing the mechanical room with the closet in order to get a bath/shower please refer to screenshot and let me know what you think :)

Thank you!

mtlurbmec_Shower-Tub.jpg

is anything i can do at this point?

Did you sign? If the difference is over 5% you can refuse to accept the 7700 discount. And say that the unit does not respect anymore the original contract. So either they offer a better deal, or you walk away.

Every new condo owner expects a loss of 8-10% in sqft... This is something everybody knows! Your numbers seem perfectly normal to me considering the plan you bought showed a square footage including outside walls, interior deviders/pillars and 1/2 of party walls.

He said the gross sqft went down, not from gross to net, that usually goes down 8-10%.

That is in my opinion unacceptable.

The access to the tub from the short side is very unpractical and probably even illegal.

I agree. Also you would be losing space in the closet in order to access the mechanical room, as well as a useful cabinet in the bathroom.

thanks for the feedback everyone,

gigi75, can you please further explain how having a separate shower the way I have would be illegal?

Also what you do you all think of this layout? I don't change the mechanical room, I get a separate small shower but I lose the linen closet.separate_shower.jpg

There's also another option, but it requires moving the washer and dryer and losing 1 ft in the middle bedroom. PLease refer to this houzz link: http://www.houzz.com/discussions/4073720/best-floor-plan-layout

Thanks for all your time.