Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

The quarry St-Michel I believe near autoroute 125 and the second being close to autoroute papineau... This area is baffling me. So much unused and wasted land that can be used for something better. Maybe housing developments or something else? Do you think the city is actually going to do something about this zone?

Here's the sites in question:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&ll=45.563583,-73.636261&spn=0.000008,0.010568&z=17&vpsrc=6&layer=c&cbll=45.563583,-73.636261&cbp=12,0,,0,0&photoid=po-46317218

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&ll=45.5575,-73.622802&spn=0.00003,0.042272&vpsrc=6&layer=c&cbll=45.5575,-73.622802&cbp=12,0,,0,0&photoid=po-38890502&z=15

why arent they fully commited to develop this in 1-2 years..I mean 10 years seems quite long

Because it is huge. They are actually transforming this into a massive park in the same vein as the one in New York City built atop and around the Fresh Kills city dump. That too will take many years to implement.

why arent they fully commited to develop this in 1-2 years..I mean 10 years seems quite long

It requires a lot of $$$ investment and has basically no return. Being a landfill it isn't suitable for housing or putting other buildings on it that would pay off the investment, a park is a very nice way to make it pretty and durable, but Montreal has parks all over the place. There is also probably an importance to look at how it is going and not just try and bury it and then have any kinds of leaching and the like. They might also still be doing some dumping there, I dunno.

Depending on where the property line lies, if it borders Papineau, I'd like to see a new northbound carriageway built atop and somewhat removed from the other one to make it kind of a "parkway" drive and get some direct ramps onto the 40...

Je crois qu'une solution simple et pas cher serait de faire déverser (dans la carrière qui ne deviendra pas un parc) toute terre d'excavation de toute construction de Montréal et de Laval. Avec les projets futurs du métro, les mise en chantiers records, etc. Ça sera pas long qu'on vas remplir une partie du trou.

Les sols seront utlra instables, c'est vrai, alors planifions un nouveau parc à cet endroit là également, avec l'avantage que ce parc sera au niveau de la rue et non au fond d'un immense trou.

Est-ce utopique ?