Aller au contenu

Expos de Montréal

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

• 3 semaines plus tard...

Owner of the Tampa Bay Rays has been to Montreal 4-5 times in the last twelve months

Preliminary budgets are being worked on for the stadium (with two different seat configurations) 

We may not be hearing a lot of news but things are moving forward...

Keep the faith boys 

• Like 1

If the Montreal Amazon proposal by the Coderre Administration got accepted, how would this have impacted the baseball stadium site?

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2018/07/09/la-tentative-ratee-de-montreal-pour-seduire-amazon

UN IMMENSE SITE EN TROIS ZONES

Le campus Pointe-du-Moulin

Il y a plus de 2 millions de pieds carrés de superficie à construire sur un terrain qui appartient principalement à Ottawa.

C’est là qu’est bâti le fameux Silo no 5, un ancien entrepôt à grains désaffecté. On prévoyait conserver l’enveloppe de ce bâtiment au caractère patrimonial.

On promettait à la multinationale américaine qu’en y installant ses pénates, elle pourrait contribuer à « remodeler le Vieux-Port ».

Le campus Saint-Patrick

Cet immense site au sud du canal de Lachine est actuellement un amalgame douteux de stationnements et d’entrepôts industriels à louer, qui aurait bien besoin de revitalisation.

Plus de 6 millions de pieds carrés y auraient attendu Amazon.

Le campus Bridge-Wellington

Le long des rues Mill et Bridge menant au pont Victoria, on trouve une friche d’immeubles épars, dont celui coiffé de la fameuse enseigne lumineuse de Farine Five Roses. Plusieurs sont abandonnés. Il y a là 7 millions de pieds carrés disponibles.

image.png

4 hours ago, budgebandit said:

Owner of the Tampa Bay Rays has been to Montreal 4-5 times in the last twelve months

Preliminary budgets are being worked on for the stadium (with two different seat configurations) 

Keep the faith boys 

I am keeping the faith but... 

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/rays/2018/07/06/sternberg-on-rays-stadium-design-people-are-going-to-love-the-place/

they're about to announce a new stadium for Tampa Bay

Modifié par Chris1989
  • Sad 1

On 2018-07-09 at 2:17 PM, Chris1989 said:

I am keeping the faith but... 

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/rays/2018/07/06/sternberg-on-rays-stadium-design-people-are-going-to-love-the-place/

they're about to announce a new stadium for Tampa Bay

They are not announcing a new stadium, they announced their intentions if the government gives them the money they want.

This is exactly what happened with the Expos: grand plans were shown, the government refused to pay, then management said "see? We did our part, it's their fault we are leaving."

The only thing stopping us from getting a team is the Rays being in limbo. A decision needs to be made asap. If they stay, good we can start expansion. If they leave, good we get a relocation team.

Modifié par Mondo_Grosso
  • Like 1

Il y a 9 heures, Mondo_Grosso a dit :

They are not announcing a new stadium, they announced their intentions if the government gives them the money they want.

This is exactly what happened with the Expos: grand plans were shown, the government refused to pay, then management said "see? We did our part, it's their fault we are leaving."

The only thing stopping us from getting a team is the Rays being in limbo. A decision needs to be made asap. If they stay, good we can start expansion. If they leave, good we get a relocation team.

Exactly.  The key element here is that the city/county isn't given any money to the Rays and this is what they want/need for the new stadium. I think the owner is trying to put pressure on the city/county and have them come up with something.

But one thing that worries me is the $890 million dollar for the stadium.  Wow, that's a lot of momey. Hopefully we can come up with a much better price than that.

Le 2018-07-09 à 09:45, budgebandit a dit :

Keep the faith boys 

I can attest to that. A month and a half ago the owner visited the area that surrounds the site projected for the ball park which is beetwen Bridge street and the Peel basin. 

• Like 1

Le 2018-07-09 à 10:23, IluvMTL a dit :

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2018/07/09/la-tentative-ratee-de-montreal-pour-seduire-amazon

UN IMMENSE SITE EN TROIS ZONES

• Le campus Pointe-du-Moulin
  • Le campus Saint-Patrick
  • Le campus Bridge-Wellington

image.png

No one responded to my post this week about the city offering these lands to Amazon to build their campus. I thought that the lot around Peel Basin was the site of choice for the Baseball Stadium? If so, this tells me that the city and powers that be are ready to give it up if another interesting offer came along. It also tells me that they are nowhere close to building here. These sites  are up for grabs.  Or  would a project on these lots not have any affect on the proposed stadium site? Where does it fit into this map?

Il y a 2 heures, IluvMTL a dit :

No one responded to my post this week about the city offering these lands to Amazon to build their campus. I thought that the lot around Peel Basin was the site of choice for the Baseball Stadium? If so, this tells me that the city and powers that be are ready to give it up if another interesting offer came along. It also tells me that they are nowhere close to building here. These sites  are up for grabs.  Or  would a project on these lots not have any affect on the proposed stadium site? Where does it fit into this map?

I think they knew their chances for HQ2 were very slim.  But if it had worked, they would have found a new site for a stadium (assuming Amazon would have needed the entire land and that a stadium could not have been built between office spaces).  If HQ2 was to be in Montréal, it would have been a confirmed project while the Expos are still theoritical.  A confirmed project is better (at least if that project is as big as HQ2, not just à new low density housing development, or something generic).

• Like 2