Aller au contenu

District Griffin sur le parc (phase 2) - 14 étages (2017)

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

The new renderings make it look a bit....ugly.

Le devant de l'édifice (le côté que tu verras) :

attachment.php?attachmentid=1763&d=1308696867

et l'arrière de l'édifice...celui que tu ne verras jamais :

st-ann-cour.jpg

My real concern is that all of Griffintown will have the same type of buildings with a black / grey + white colour.

Je crois qu'on est simplement des éternels insatisfaits.

Il y a deux ans, on se plaignait que tous les projets étaient en briques rouges et noirs.

My real concern is that all of Griffintown will have the same type of buildings with a black / grey + white colour.

Mais non, mais non. Il y aura une belle diversité dans ce quartier. Il y a plein d'édifices d'époque industriel donc en brique rouge. Il faut aller voir pour constater le diversité des immeubles qu'il y a et qu'il y aura. Ce sera surement un quartier effervescent et un renouveau pour Montreal.

• 5 semaines plus tard...

I visited the sales office today since I reserved a unit in phase 1. The saleswoman told me they are redesigning the plans for the building of phase 2 since there weren't enough sales (mostly it was 1 bdr lofts and they wanted to put more 2 bdrms)... So phase 2 is not on sale technically for now until the unveiling of the new plans. Yikes!

Modifié par mat

Makes sense to me. 1 bedroom units sell well in the heart of downtown and more trendy districts. Griffintown? They'll likely be able to move tons once things get moving but at this point the people who are looking at this area want a bit more space than 450 square feet.

• 5 semaines plus tard...

Major partner to quit Griffintown project

Barely two months’ ago, the head of Montreal construction giant Groupe Cholette was publicly hailing the “success of the sale” of homes in the first phase of the $736 million Griffintown project.

Before the cameras and reporters’ microphones in late August, Michel Cholette expressed his eagerness to go ahead with the “pre-sale of the first round of Phase II.” Not any more

This week, the president of the family run construction and project management company acknowledged that Groupe Cholette would be abandoning the Griffintown project after the completion of the first phase. Why the radical change in plans, I asked?

“We have enough work on our plate,” Cholette told me in an interview.

Hmmmm. That line would be more convincing if it were still summer and the construction season was in full swing. But we’re getting close to winter. Why would the well-respected developer of the Zero One boutique hotel and condos in Montreal and the Cité DIX30 urban complex in Brossard be busier now than in late August?

Cholette assures me that the split from District Griffin is not related to any disagreement with developer Devimco Inc. And the Quebec Federation of Labour’s Fonds immobilier de solidarité FTQ is still backing the massive Griffintown project, a spokesperson told me last week.

The development of the District Griffin project will go on just fine without them, Cholette says.

Cholette is not the first partner to quit the ambitous project to transform the former Montreal industrial area into a residential community with restaurants, shops, a hotel and office space.

The French company Groupe Fayolle – a former Devimco partner, and the parent company of a ventilation firm charged with bid-rigging by the federal Competition Bureau - is also no longer involved in the Griffintown project.

http://blogs.montrealgazette.com/2011/10/25/griffintown-partner-quits/