Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

My younger brother walking downtown and some schmuck rips off his headphones, right off his head! If you are asking what headphones, its one of those higher end Dr Dre ones.

:stirthepot:

Honestly this city is going to the dogs. One thing Harper shouldn't build more prisons, we should just make the laws more insane. You steal, you have your hands cut off. I know we don't live in the Middle East, but maybe we do need some of their crazy ass laws, to keep people in check here.

Modifié par jesseps

• Réponses 21
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Membres prolifiques

I have to say I really do like that "off with their hand" idea. I have always had a bent towards liberty and all that is good, but at the same time, maybe we should look to maximise efficiency in the corrections system to reduce taxpayer expense and also maximise the productivity of the people inside. If you can just chop a hand off the guy, he can work as a telemarketer or something stupid in the private sector making the economy go round, and also save on the expense of prisons! He would pay taxes instead of eat them :D

Plus it works so good to prevent recidivism which is basically the major problem with the corrections system as it is in Canada (and the US). He might do it again, but after both hands are gone, there is not much to do :rotfl:

These are the same guys who take the things people leave unattended for a second in busy cafés. I say we bait them with fake stuff (I have an empty laptop which we can fill with rocks). And while there is nothing we can do to them, and the people who leave their things unattended and dumb (yes, it happened to me), we'd at least be scaring bad guys and posting their faces on Youtube :D!

Best solution is to get really good headphones for the same price that won't be as much about showing off and will even sound better.

Kids these days :rotfl:

Back in my day we didn't even have headphones, we just had speakers on the thing itself and then everyone in the neighborhood could hear too :D Can't touch that (doo da dee dooo)

These are the same guys who take the things people leave unattended for a second in busy cafés. I say we bait them with fake stuff (I have an empty laptop which we can fill with rocks). And while there is nothing we can do to them, and the people who leave their things unattended and dumb (yes, it happened to me), we'd at least be scaring bad guys and posting their faces on Youtube :D!

The police do that with cars all the time, leave them unlocked with keys inside and when someone goes off for a ride, they disable the car remotely and the police surround them :D

In regards to laptops, a few people on the Internet have baited 419 scammers from Nigeria and other Westafrika lands, who thought they were stealing laptops, but instead recieved broken washing machines, broken toilets, broken laptops with "fuck you" scratched into the screen, etc. It is quite amusing, especially since those very scammers had spent about USD 1000 - 2000 to ship that crap home :D

A memorable example: http://thescambaiter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6827

Modifié par Cyrus

Best solution is to get really good headphones for the same price that won't be as much about showing off and will even sound better.

Je me disais la même chose tout bas. Il faut dire que des magasins qui gardent un bon stock d'écouteurs haut de gamme varié (Grado, Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, Audio Technica, etc...), à Montréal, il n'y en vraiment pas des masses, et dans les grandes surfaces, on ne propose jamais les meilleurs produits...

Mais bon, n'empêche c'est toujours moche de se faire voler un gros investissement. On ne peut qu'en ressentir un grand sentiment d'injustice.

My younger brother walking downtown and some schmuck rips off his headphones, right off his head! If you are asking what headphones, its one of those higher end Dr Dre ones.

:stirthepot:

Honestly this city is going to the dogs. One thing Harper shouldn't build more prisons, we should just make the laws more insane. You steal, you have your hands cut off. I know we don't live in the Middle East, but maybe we do need some of their crazy ass laws, to keep people in check here.

Yeah, your bro gets something stolen and suddenly we have to turn into Iran.

What if someone elses stuff got stolen, do we just cut off the tip of the fingers?

Yeah, your bro gets something stolen and suddenly we have to turn into Iran.

What if someone elses stuff got stolen, do we just cut off the tip of the fingers?

Same results, cut their hands off. I guess we could setup a system, first offense you have your hands broken and second offense you lose your hands. The system we have doesn't work, you still have petty thieves walking around. Canada so liberal, we give people chances all the time and those people will never change. It is time we get tough on crime (no matter how small or big).

I guess instead of losing their hands, they could be fined 10-100 times the value of what was stolen. Is that a better punishment or is that still to harsh for the liberals out there?