Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

The Quebec Liquor Board is in negotiations to buy American online wine retailer JJ Buckley.

Its a San Francisco-based website that sells about 26-million dollars of wine per year and would give the SAQ not only a licence to sell alcohol in the United States, but to also negotiate better prices from suppliers.

The SAQ says its goal is to have sales of as much as 100-million dollars annually outside of Quebec within five years.

Currently the crown company does about 2.5-billion dollars in sales a year.

(Courtesy of CJAD)

:highfive: I am all for trying to get better prices and a larger selection of wine. Now the SAQ just needs to buy a spirits distributer in the US so we can get better prices on scotch, vodka and other hard alcohol.

Modifié par jesseps

saq prices are retarded ... but as long as most of this is taxes, i don't really mind. these products can't really be considered anything other than luxury items, and that makes it less bothersome to me somehow.

i'd much rather them have a better selection of BEERS over cheaper wine and spirits ! amen..