Aller au contenu

Canadiens de Montréal

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

Honestly, if Suzuki becomes a 2nd line C, this is a good deal. From having 0 legitimate top 6 centres, we may be blessed with 1) Kotkaniemi, 2) Poehling, 3) Suzuki in the next 3 years or so. Pretty good place to start. We have ample depth on wing and obviously Carey Price. We're weak on D, but Juulsen and Mete are promising.

Not a bad trade, except for the terrible optics surrounding it. Happy it's over.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, budgebandit said:

I would much rather have Subban and Sergachev right now instead of Weber and Drouin

So is our next captain going to be Gally or Shea? 

Totally agreed.

Next captain is, in my humble opinion, Gally. He's on all of the promo material and he's still technically part of the youth movement. There are occasional trade rumours surrounding Weber, and honestly, who knows if he'll be the same player we traded for when he gets back. 

26 minutes ago, budgebandit said:

So is our next captain going to be Gally or Shea? 

I think Gally since Shea won't be back before mid-season. Marc got more for Pac than expected, many promising young players now on the roster, 10 draft picks next year, we should have a pretty good team in 2-3 years.

Modifié par jerry

Lose for Hughes!!!

- Habs will score the least amount of goals in the league this year. Price won't be able to stop them all. This should lead to a lottery pick

- Flip Tatar at the deadline for more picks

- Next year: Monsieur commissaire Lafrenière!!!!

2 hours ago, Gotti said:

Lose for Hughes!!!

- Habs will score the least amount of goals in the league this year. Price won't be able to stop them all. This should lead to a lottery pick

- Flip Tatar at the deadline for more picks

- Next year: Monsieur commissaire Lafrenière!!!!

I wouldn't qualify Tatar as "flippable" - he's locked in until 2020-2021 @ 5.3M per season. 

Just now, _mtler_ said:

I wouldn't qualify Tatar as "flippable" - he's locked in until 2020-2021 @ 5.3M per season. 

Je suis d'accord.

But, if Tatar scores 20 or so by the deadline, the Habs are out of the playoff picture, and the Canadiens offer to retain some salary (given the cap space they have this flexibility), then there will be some contenders looking to add another offensive piece. 

To say nothing about Andrew Shaw...