Just to clear a few things up:
The first floor used to extend all the way to the back of the building (the part that is being demolished). Last summer they were pouring concrete in there, which I assumed at the time was for a new floor for the restaurant, but now I'm thinking they were building a wall to separate the two parts.
Here's a list of all the work that has been done this week
-removal of the parking lot asphalt
-removal of the 2 trees
-removal of the Bell phone booth on Bleury
-removal of the billboard sign framework on the side of 1076 Bleury
-partial removal of the back half of the first floor of 1076 Bleury (should be done by next week)
Also, I received some information on the upcoming Dowd project (no renders sadly)
1) The building of the « Dowd Project » will have 16 stories and will be entirely made of rental apartments.
2) The West end of the building, where the « historical facade » is located, will have 6 stories.
3) The underground parking entrance will be located on Dowd Street.
4) The garbage and recycling bins of the building will be taken out onto the Dowd Street.
5) A restaurant will be located on the ground floor on the Bleury street side and will include a terrace in the courtyard.
6) The construction of the building should start in January 2017 and will last about 2 years. Also, during the excavation of the underground garage, dynamite will be used. The completion of the entire project is expected by April 2019.