Affichage des résultats du sondage: Croyez vous à l'évolution? Do you believe in evolution?

Votants
49. Vous ne pouvez pas participer à ce sondage.
  • Oui.

46 93,88%
  • Non, et je suis créationniste

1 2,04%
  • Non, et je suis créationniste Jeune-Terre (la planète a 6000 ans)

2 4,08%
  • Non, mais je ne crois pas au créationnisme

0 0%
Page 2 sur 8 PremièrePremière 1234 ... DernièreDernière
Affichage des résultats 11 à 20 sur 71

Discussion: Croyez-vous à l'évolutionl? Do you believe in evolution?

Par défaut

Farce à part, je ne vois même pas l'utilité de poser la question. Les Américains ont assez de tordus pour faire un mouvement avec le créationnisme, mais ici?

À part un sur ce forum que j'imagine bien répondre non, je pense que nous avons tous intégré cette évidence. Et c'est tant mieux.

Par défaut

Citation Envoyé par Cataclaw Voir le message
    Cyrus: Humans are still evolving today. Every day someone is born with a genetic mutation that blocks cancer, or a mutation that enhances color perception into the ultra-violet, etc. In fact every person has hundreds of mutations that were not present in the parents' genes. Those mutations that carry any value will be passed down, but it will take time. Considering evolution on a grand scale takes millions of years and the human lifespan is 1/10,000th of that, we won't exactly be turning into beings of pure energy any time soon, but we will be obtaining subtle "tweaks" to our overall genetics.
    But that isn't really causing an evolution because the viability of the person isn't really impacted... the cancer-proof person is still going to have 1.6 kids at age 30 like the cancer-prone person, or like the person who needs to wear glasses... as compared to the 'natural' model where the longer-lived individual would reproduce more times than the shorter-lived and consequently encourage a shift in the genetic pool...

Citation Envoyé par MtlMan Voir le message
    It's so true man!
    Plus que vous en pensez... genetiquement, tous les etres humains sont descendus d'un indivudu male et une individuelle femme...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitochondrial_Eve
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y-chromosomal_Adam
    Dernière modification par Cyrus ; 10/11/2010 à 13h01.
    So live this day that you can look every damn man straight in the eye and tell him to go to hell.

Blog Entries

Par défaut

Citation Envoyé par Cyrus Voir le message
    But that isn't really causing an evolution because the viability of the person isn't really impacted... the cancer-proof person is still going to have 1.6 kids at age 30 like the cancer-prone person, or like the person who needs to wear glasses... as compared to the 'natural' model where the longer-lived individual would reproduce more times than the shorter-lived and consequently encourage a shift in the genetic pool...
    Yeah but the cancer-prone person might die before conceiving kids, whereas the person with the anti-cancer mutation will survive to the have kids. Think of aids too... certain people have been found to have aids-resistant mutations. It doesn't happen over night, but it happens, slowly but surely. It can take hundreds of thousands - millions of years, but it happens. Humans are evolving, slowly but surely. We just won't notice any chances in our lifetimes or even in the next hundred lifetimes.

Also, regarding "theory".

Creationists often claim that evolution is a "theory" and has yet to be proven. They don't understand the definition of a theory.
    Gravity is a theory... does gravity not exist? Is it not a fact of life?
    Heck i studied music theory in school, but i'm pretty sure the musical notes are well established facts.

Par défaut

Creationists often claim that evolution is a "theory" and has yet to be proven. They don't understand the definition of a theory.
    Gravity is a theory... does gravity not exist? Is it not a fact of life?
    Heck i studied music theory in school, but i'm pretty sure the musical notes are well established facts.
    This is one of the most common mistakes creationists and believers use to discredit evolution.
    Daddy Likes It Dirty!
    Veni, vidi, vici!
    Faith is belief in the absence of evidence.
    GO HABS GO

Par défaut

Ça me semble évident ...

Par défaut

I'm not sure why this topic comes up so frequently. Seems like some people have a chip on their shoulder against creationists.

Citation Envoyé par jesseps Voir le message
    I'll probably seem like a freak for saying this, for me my belief is we were created and than evolved. I know that doesn't make a lot of sense. For me something had to be created first for something to evolve. I did vote for I believe in evolution.
    I'm with Jesseps on this. The universe didn't create itself. Perhaps what followed was evolution, but it all began with INTELLIGENT DESIGN.

I'll share this pro-creation movie by Ben Stein with you all.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...7672896741579#

Par défaut

Citation Envoyé par MTLskyline Voir le message
    The universe didn't create itself. Perhaps what followed was evolution, but it all began with INTELLIGENT DESIGN.
    Well we know where the single "creationist" vote came from

MTLskyline: You can't believe in evolution and intelligent design at the same time. Intelligent design is by definition the rejection of evolution and the belief that life was poofed into existence by a god.

If you believe, on the other hand, that a god initiated the big bang and everything that followed originated and evolved from that big bang, that isn't intelligent design. That's a very different idea altogether.

You can be religious and still accept evolution and the big bang.

However, you can't be a creationist and accept evolution at the same time.

MTLskyline: that Ben Stein movie has been repeatedly debunked and scrutinzed from top to bottom. It's essentially devoid of any facts promoting creation. Why is this so? Because you cannot prove creationism. It's a fantasy! Even the official position of the Catholic Church itself and the Pope himself is that creationism is false!
    Dernière modification par Cataclaw ; 10/11/2010 à 18h56.

Blog Entries

Par défaut

Citation Envoyé par Cyrus Voir le message
    I don't know why the Church never thought of that one, you can solve the whole debate right away! Except maybe for people, but then you can say the monkey evolved from people instead of the other way (well in "reality" the theory is that both evolved from a common half-man, half-chimp ancestor...)
    L'église ne dit pas non plus que tout s'est fait d'un coup et que tout est resté figé par la suite.
    "Everything in life is somewhere else, and you get there in car." - E.B. White

"Malgré l’opposition, Projet Montréal maintient le cap. « Ce que nous avons fait sur le Plateau, on veut le faire à la grandeur de Montréal », a répété M. Bergeron aux côtés de Luc Ferrandez."

The only reason ... is the free indoor parking. Free.. indoor.. parking. No hassles. Blizzard 50cm snow? No problem.

Par défaut

Well we know where the single "creationist" vote came from

MTLskyline: You can't believe in evolution and intelligent design at the same time. Intelligent design is by definition the rejection of evolution and the belief that life was poofed into existence by a god.

If you believe, on the other hand, that a god initiated the big bang and everything that followed originated and evolved from that big bang, that isn't intelligent design. That's a very different idea altogether.

You can be religious and still accept evolution and the big bang.

However, you can't be a creationist and accept evolution at the same time.

MTLskyline: that Ben Stein movie has been repeatedly debunked and scrutinzed from top to bottom. It's essentially devoid of any facts promoting creation. Why is this so? Because you cannot prove creationism. It's a fantasy! Even the official position of the Catholic Church itself and the Pope himself is that creationism is false!
    But if God lit the fuse for the big bang, He is still intelligent, but moreover, maybe He designed the "bang" process, maybe He designed evolution

What is interesting how atheists look at the Big Bang for the beginning of the Universe, but... that infinitesimally small, infinitely massive "thing", what was its history before that Bang? And how can something be infinitesimally small when it is the Universe, it is simple to imagine (sort of) when you are standing outside of it, but you can't, it's the Universe. Maybe it is infinitesimally small right now and we just can't see it

It doesn't quite explain the whole story... for example the people who think life on Earth came from aliens... OK, but where did the aliens come from?
    So live this day that you can look every damn man straight in the eye and tell him to go to hell.

Règles de messages