Blog Entries

Par défaut Tour Deloitte - 26 étages

Nom: Tour Deloitte
    Hauteur en étages: 26
    Hauteur en mètres: 133
    Coût du projet: 100 000 000,00$

Promoteur: Cadillac Fairview
    Architecte: KPF et Groupe IBI DAA
    Entrepreneur général: PCL Constructors / Construction C.A.L.
    Emplacement: http://www.mtlurb.com/forums/attachm...3&d=1340458961

Début de construction: Octobre 2012
    Fin de construction: Juin 2015

Site internet: http://latourdeloitte.ca/

Lien webcam:

Autres informations:

* Louée à 70.3% (septembre 2013)
    * 48 000m2 (514 000p2) de superficie de bureaux
    * Édifice LEED platine
    * Le locataire principal sera la firme Deloitte pour 160 000p2
    * Rio Tinto Alcan sera locataire des étages 18 à 26
    * Signature, 32-foot-high lobby facing the historic Windsor Court
    * Outdoor courtyard with a skating rink, public seating and park area qui sera nommé "Cour Rio Tinto Alcan"
    * Bush shed (a heritage-designated remnant of Windsor Station's original rail platforms) will be incorporated into the window line of the courtyard-level lobby

Rumeurs:

Aperçu du projet:

Pièce jointe 7163

9 autres images: http://mtlurb.com/forums/showthread....231#post146231

Vidéo promotionnelle:
    Dernière modification par SkahHigh ; 23/07/2014 à 11h57.

Blog Entries

Par défaut

Ce qui me dérange un peu dans le design de cette tour c'est simplement son intégration insuffisante avec le magnifique édifice du CP juste à coté. Il ne semble pas y avoir d'écho ou de rappel architectural à part une toute petite partie de maçonnerie du coté Est. On a l'impression que les développeurs ont pris une tour d'Edmonton et l'ont planté là.
    Dernière modification par LindbergMTL ; 21/04/2012 à 08h37.
    Joignez-vous/Join New York Montreal Creative and Business Group

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

Par défaut

Melbourne est aussi très proche de Montréal dans beaucoup de domaines,Sydney étant leur Toronto.

Par défaut

I find it funny how everyone seem to be hating this tour and yet the Marriot seems to be everyone's favorite project in Montreal (save for Icone). It seems to me that if anything, the Marriott looks more like any other Toronto tour despised by most on this forum. maybe because its big and tall...

I personally like Windsor very much, its simple yet modern and not tacky compared to many other projects (say roccabella or, to a certain extent, Peterson).

My 2 cents...

Par défaut

Citation Envoyé par Kilgore Trout Voir le message
    You clearly don't know anything about Dinu Bumbaru. Come on.
    what do you mean?

Par défaut

Citation Envoyé par lazou Voir le message
    I find it funny how everyone seem to be hating this tour and yet the Marriot seems to be everyone's favorite project in Montreal (save for Icone). It seems to me that if anything, the Marriott looks more like any other Toronto tour despised by most on this forum. maybe because its big and tall...

I personally like Windsor very much, its simple yet modern and not tacky compared to many other projects (say roccabella or, to a certain extent, Peterson).

My 2 cents...

a run-of-the-mill project. one that although seems to suggests quality build and sober elegance when (if) completed, would no doubt have boasted more prestige had it had 20 or extra floors. and prestige is not to be taken lightly in an office only tower, because it attracts bigger bucks. it's not that well situated, either.

about the mariott, i think most people's initial reaction to this one was all about it's floor count, and the fact that it seemed to pop out of the nowhere when we first heard about it on the forums. but its funny you should mention this particular tower, as we now have a handful of similar projects announced for the downtown area and the mariott does indeed seem alot more ordinary. maybe the same will happen in time with office towers, especially as the market heats up and lands becomes less available.

we can only hope..
    disclaimer: excusez la lecture de mes mots, j'ai plusieurs langues secondes.

Par défaut

Citation Envoyé par pedepy Voir le message
    a run-of-the-mill project. one that although seems to suggests quality build and sober elegance when (if) completed, would no doubt have boasted more prestige had it had 20 or extra floors. and prestige is not to be taken lightly in an office only tower, because it attracts bigger bucks. it's not that well situated, either.

about the mariott, i think most people's initial reaction to this one was all about it's floor count, and the fact that it seemed to pop out of the nowhere when we first heard about it on the forums. but its funny you should mention this particular tower, as we now have a handful of similar projects announced for the downtown area and the mariott does indeed seem alot more ordinary. maybe the same will happen in time with office towers, especially as the market heats up and lands becomes less available.

we can only hope..
    I generally agree with you, had it had more floors, I really think this project would have attracted more sympathy from my fellow forum posters. I also agree that this project is not very well located and not well integrated with its surroundings. But that does not make it an ugly tower, and who knows, maybe the downtown core will expand to the south, there are a lot of empty lots in that area. If it was on Rene-Lévesque, i.e. 2 streets north, and a little higher (I guess), but with the same design, I think that building would have been awesome...

Run-of-the-mill? I don't know... unless i am mistaken, there is no other similar buildings in Montreal, which in itself makes it an out of the ordinary building in this city, just like crystal (which is not that nice) or IBM marathon (which to me is one of the nicest looking high rise in the city).

Anyway all this to say that I think there is nothing wrong with the design and despite the lack of integration with the other buildings around it and despite the fact that it will probably not be a landmark (none of the recently announced projects can aspire to that status anyway), I think its a nice design.

Par défaut

I really like this tower actually, It really stands out from Windsor Station and the Bell Centre and presents a modern, clean design that you don't see a lot in Montreal. As for being isolated, all you have to do is walk across the courtyard and you're on La Gauchetiere. And who know like others have said, maybe it will revive that part of St. Antoine which desperately needs improvements and new construction, which could start right on the other side of the street which I believe is owned by Cadillac-Fairview.

Par défaut

I agree with you Lazou. I really like this project, I think it is one of our best.

As for the location, I would like making a comment: I think the location is terrific. The building is smacked between two metro stations, and would probably be connected to Bonaventure station. So access to the tower is not a problem imo. As for the area south of the tower, (which as of right now seems not to exist,) I think this project will push the boundaries of the areas in Montreal that very busy. We will just have to give it time: that is to say, we will see a shift in development towards the South, vers the river. So, even that problem may be solve.

The only tiny bit that annoys me is concerning the integration of the tower with Windsor station but I have no fear as this is Montreal! I am sure we will push for a better integration.

Par défaut

En fait de comparaison, ce projet devrait être aussi haut que les tours Aon-Banque Nationale qui ont le même nombre d'étages.

Par défaut

the thing about the location of this tower is that the area is set for massive change over the next decade, we're talking about 20 projects on the boards right now, which is a huge number compared with anything the city has ever seen. of all these projects, the only ones that i have any real faith in are the cadillac-fairview ones. this gang is as pro as a development/management group gets and if they're building here, it's because they've calculated it out to the penny and they see excellent value for money. once c-f has build out all the windsor and gillette lots, it'll probably have spent over a billion dollars.

Discussions similaires

1. gare windsor
    Par iamthewalrus dans le forum Anciennes photos - Old pictures
    Réponses: 7
    Dernier message: 17/09/2013, 09h28
  2. Redéveloppement Silo no. 5 et terrain
    Par loulou123 dans le forum Propositions - Proposals
    Réponses: 381
    Dernier message: 19/10/2012, 13h56
  3. Empire Skateshop vs gare Windsor
    Par BruB dans le forum Hors Sujet - Off Topic
    Réponses: 8