Affichage des résultats 1 à 5 sur 5

Discussion: Mirabel raceway

Par défaut Mirabel raceway

MIRABEL, Que. - A motorsports centre that includes a 3.8-kilometre race track is to be constructed on a former Mirabel airport site north of Montreal, the builders announced Wednesday.

The International Centre of Advanced Racing (ICAR) is scheduled for completion in the spring, said company president Frederic Senay.

The track will be open for use by professional and amateur drivers.

It will also allow car manufacturers and dealers to showcase their products, and will have a training centre for young race drivers.

The centre will be the home of the ICAR Star Mazda racing team and the ICAR Karting team, which will use a karting track on site.
    (Courtesy of The Canadian Press)

It be nice. People would not have too drive to Tremblant for a track.

Par défaut

je pense que ça serait idéal pour la course de Nascar, une piste plus large c'est mieux
    I order the club sandwich all the time, but I'm not even a member, man. I don't know how I get away with it.
    I was going to have my teeth whitened, but then I said "Fuck that, I'll just get a tan instead- Mitch Hedberg

Thumbs down No way!

Citation Envoyé par iamthewalrus Voir le message
    je pense que ça serait idéal pour la course de Nascar, une piste plus large c'est mieux
    You're joking right!? There's absolutely nothing there but farm land. Please note, that when there is a car race of stature such as F1, Champ car, Nascar etc etc you are promoting the city. Camera crews from all over the world will be settling down in our city taking beautiful panoramic shots of the Montreal skyline, St.Lawrence river etc etc not farm land for pete's sake. Also, are there any 5 star hotels around the area let alone 5 star restaurants... I think not.
    Let's leave the supposed Mirabel race track to the young aspiring drivers of Quebec. It'll be an amateur track for testing proto type cars.

Par défaut

^
    ^

1.mirabel is one of the fastest growing regions in quebec....(there's gonna be people there)

2.most of the race tracks in the world are in the middle of nowhere (ex: silverstone)....and its still gonna be Montreal's Nascar race (even if its in Mirabel...just like the airport was)....dont worry about tv and publicity, there still gonna show Montreal, they're not gonna waste time filming farms

3.people are still gonna stay in Montreal or Laval during the week of the event...its only a one day event, its not like there gonna have to go there very often....we could easily have a bus service specially for those going to the race

anyway, I just dont think that Gilles Villeneuve circuit if very good for a Nascar race.... i'm only talking abour Nascar, F1 could stay on île st-hélène
    Dernière modification par iamthewalrus ; 26/10/2007 à 08h24.
    I order the club sandwich all the time, but I'm not even a member, man. I don't know how I get away with it.
    I was going to have my teeth whitened, but then I said "Fuck that, I'll just get a tan instead- Mitch Hedberg

Par défaut

i agree copmpletely with Iamthewalrus!

For Nascar, i would have liked an oval track! But if they can't build an oval track, at least buld a track that is more suited for Nascar vehicules, by that i mean a WIDER race track, and one that odesn'T have a hairpin curve in it. It slows down the big car tooo much!

ANy news on what shape this track will have? When will open?
    Daddy Likes It Dirty!
    Veni, vidi, vici!
    Faith is belief in the absence of evidence.
    GO HABS GO

Discussions similaires

1. Lac Mirabel - 425M$ (2011)
    Par mtlurb dans le forum Projets Annulés - Cancelled projects
    Réponses: 109
    Dernier message: 25/04/2013, 01h21
  2. Mirabel, ce que ca aurais du devenir
    Par WestAust dans le forum Anciennes photos - Old pictures
    Réponses: 42
    Dernier message: 27/02/2013, 22h39
  3. Aéroports de Montréal : Mirabel
    Par mtlurb dans le forum L'actualité - Current events